2004-2009: Freelance desktop publisher, web designer, writer, editor
- PANA Institute at Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA, Communications Coordinator (2007-2009).
Produced print and electronic newsletters, website updates and blogs, publicity and reports, using Dreamweaver, InDesign, Constant Contact, Blogger.
- Franciscan School of Theology, Berkeley, CA.
Website consultations and updates, using Dreamweaver, PayPal, EventBrite.
2004-2007: PANA Institute at Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA
- Administrative Assistant.
- Provided administrative support (database, reception, publications) to small Asian American academic center, using MS Office, Raiser’s Edge, Dreamweaver, InDesign.
2002-2003: Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists, Berkeley, CA
- Office Coordinator (Church Administrator).
- Primary staffperson for a busy lay-led congregation: 105 members, $124K budget, many public programs, and no minister.
- Managed busy facilities rental service; brought in rental income at at 153% of budgeted projection ($30K projected, $46K actual.)
- Supervised contract and volunteer staff, including bookkeeper, custodian, building & grounds maintenance.
- Provided advice, assistance, and leadership development for congregational committees: worship, membership, social justice, board of trustees, etc.
- Managed financial and institutional information flow and legal records.
- Modernized office systems: built congregational website and email lists; built relational database for tracking memberships, donations, room reservations; installed wireless Macintosh network providing high-speed internet access with additional computer station for volunteers.
- Brought in income at 155% of fiscal year projection ($80K projected, $124K actual).
- Increased membership from 57 to 105 (over three years, the first two as volunteer Membership chair.)
1995-2000: Freelance Desktop Publishing and Computer Services, San Francisco, CA
- Internet training & setups, newsletter and website creation for various clients, including:
- 1997-2000: The Marija Gimbutas home page (biographical film of a visionary feminist archeologist.)
- 1995-2000: Starhawk’s Home Page (ecofeminist political activist; author of The Spiral Dance.)
- 1997-98: The San Francisco Bay Area Book Council (independent bookstores). The American Back Society (chiropractic).
- 1996: The Reclaiming Collective. PantheaCon ‘96. Morningstar Books. Tenberry Software.
1992-1994: Kalleen’s Computer Products, San Rafael, CA.
- Marketing Department – Publications Specialist.
Produced a bimonthly four-color marketing magazine and related flyers and mailers.
- Research and assembly of content; ad copy descriptive writing and editing.
- Scanning and image creation in Photoshop and Illustrator; design, layout, and prepress in QuarkXPress.
- Training and supervision of publications assistants; maintaining relations with contributing writers.
1991-1992: N.I. Sequoyah Defense Committee, Berkeley, CA.
- Activist and law clerk.
- Researched legal questions, made contact with witnesses, prepared documents, and provided general administrative services as a state funded law clerk in a capital case.
- Produced literature to generate interest in the Defense Committee. (Native American sovereignty issues; domestic political repression; international linguistic interest.)
- Made verbal presentations to interested individuals and groups; responded to press inquiries from television and print media.
1988-1989: Unitarian Universalist Association, Boston, MA.
- Administrative Assistant, Department for Social Justice.
- Edited, maintained, and distributed the 200-page Resolutions and Resources social justice handbook to member congregations.
- Responded to telephone and written queries from congregational social justice activists; designed various brochures and informational packets on requested social justice topics.
- Created a contact database, and provided general computer consultation and training.
- Administrative Assistant, Department for Religious Education.
- Updated membership database design.
- Supported RE/naissance Module leadership education program.